Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Instant pot rice, White rice in Instant Pot

Perfect white rice in Instant Pot an easy step by step method to cook parboiled rice perfectly everytime.

Instant pot rice  a step by step tutorial to cook white parboiled rice everytime perfectly. I like soft rice but it should hold its shape, not mushy and it took some time for me to figure it out.

Rice is a staple in most of the Indian households especially South Indians. With kids around I don’t prefer aldente rice as it may result in digestive problems especially for kids and elders.

Generally I use this method to cook rice  and use cooker  mainly for basmati rice. Now the easy way I have found is using Instant pot.

What is Parboiled rice?

Parboiled rice is rice that has been partially boiled in the husk. You can read more detailed description here. Parboiled is Puzhungal arisi in tamil and the one I have used here is Ponni puzhungal arisi. It is easily available in most Indian stores.

2 ways of cooking parboiled white rice here:

Directly inside Instant Pot : This method is easy as you can rinse, add the rice directly to Instant pot along with measured amount of water and set mode to Rice auto mode so its actually 12 mins in high. And you can leave it to natural release. I use 1:3 cups water

Inside a vessel in Instant Pot : This method becomes handy when you don’t want to wash the inner vessel of the Instant pot. I always use this method for smaller quantity. Here we use pressure cooker mode and set timer to 20 mins in high and let it to natural release.

The measure of water depends on the age and quality of rice. I used parboiled rice that we buy from a supermarket.

More related Instant Pot Recipes:

Serving and Storing:

  • You can serve rice with Sambar another South Indian staple or any vegetable curry or meat based curries.
  • You can even make variety rice like lemon rice, coconut rice, tomato rice, tamarind rice with cooked rice.
  • Though I always prefer making a fresh batch everyday you can refrigerate cooked rice for 2-3 days in fridge. I usually keep cooked rice inside a vessel, sprinkle little water and keep in Instant pot pressure cook mode for 2-3 mins in low for warming up.

If you have any more questions about this Instant pot rice do mail me at sharmispassions@gmail.com. In addition, follow me on InstagramFacebookPinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .

Tried this Instant pot rice? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.

Step by step method to make Instant pot rice:

Method 1 : Directly inside Instant Pot

1.First measure rice.

2.Rinse well and drain water.

3.After that add drained rice to Instant Pot directly.

4.Add water. I used 1/2 cup rice so added 1 and 1/2 cups water. I use ratio 1(rice):3(water).

5. Now rice is ready to cook.

6.Close with lid.

7.Set to rice mode in high.

8.When you see the steel knob go down it is safe to open.

9.Once timer gets over let it naturally release,the steel knob should go down. Now open and fluff.

10.Fluff the rice.

11.Transfer rice to a colander.Let it rest for a while then transfer to hot box.

Method 2 : Cooking inside a vessel

1.Rinse rice well, drain water and add to a vessel that will fit inside the Instant pot.

2.Add 2 cups of water for 1/2 cup rice – I use this ratio here : 1(rice) : 3.5(water) cups.

3.Pour water inside Instant pot – Place the trivet.

4.Keep the vessel containing rice, close with lid.

5.Set to pressure cooker mode in high for 20 mins.Let it to naturally pressure release.

6.Now open perfect soft rice is ready.

7.Perfect soft cooked rice is ready!

Cooked white rice is ready!

My tips while cooking white rice in Instant Pot:

  • Rinse rice well with water then use it for cooking.
  • No soaking needed for this recipe I have given here.
  • The rice variety I’ve used here is Ponni puzhungal rice.
  • For method 1 : I use 1(rice) : 3(water) cups  ratio.
  • For method 2:  I use 1(rice) : 3.5(water) cups ratio.

The post Instant pot rice, White rice in Instant Pot appeared first on Sharmis Passions.



from Sharmis Passions https://ift.tt/3bU1F5a
via KITCHEN MASALA

No comments:

Post a Comment