Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Ginger lemon tea (Steep tea)

ginger-lemon-tea

Ginger lemon tea is quite refreshing and appetizing tea with a mild spicy taste naturally from ginger.

I prefer steep tea for rather than boiling version for such tea without milk. I somehow find it gets bitter/ stronger if we boil. Once last year we had a quick catch up for tea over conversation and it was the first time I had hot honey lemon tea. I had cold and it was so soothing for my throat. Became a fan of it for a while and had 2-3 times. Here, we get such tea in Ya Kun Kaya toast. They use a flavourful tea, a thick slice of meyer lemon and a spoon full of honey.

ginger-lemon-tea-steep

Perfectly balanced tea for my taste. Nothing will be over powering as well as the honey’s sweetness suits my level. I tried couple of times at home but they make it effortlessly. It’s been a long time I had that so wanted to make at home. We also tried ginger lemon tea once, but they have used dry ginger, which I was not liking that much. At home, made this one with fresh crushed ginger. I wish I had Indian ginger, but this was also good, did not disappoint me.

Check out my Jam biscuits

Youtube video link https://youtu.be/M2dKaIcytw4

ginger-lemon-tea
Print Pin
0 from 0 votes

Ginger lemon tea

Ginger lemon tea is quite refreshing and appetizing tea with a mild spicy taste naturally from ginger.
Course Drinks
Cuisine Indian
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Servings 1
Cup measurements

Ingredients

  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp tea powder
  • 1/2 inch ginger crushed
  • 1 slice lemon
  • 1 tbsp honey or sugar to taste

Instructions

  • Bring to boil, 1 cup of water in a sauce pan. Add tea powder, crushed ginger and switch off the flame. Mix well.
  • Keep it covered for 3-4 mins (or as per the tea powder package instructions) Once done, filter over a heated cup.
  • Mix honey or sugar as needed. Enjoy immediately.

Video

Notes

  • Do not add more tea powder, as it may turn bitter. Also sweeten accordingly.

Ginger lemon tea method:

  1. Bring to boil, 1 cup of water in a sauce pan. Add tea powder, crushed ginger and switch off the flame. Mix well.
    step1-tea
  2. Keep it covered for 3-4 mins (or as per the tea powder package instructions) Once done, filter over a heated cup.
    step2-steep
  3. Mix honey or sugar as needed. Enjoy immediately.
    step3-ready

Refreshing ginger lemon tea with a mild spice from ginger naturally.

ginger-lemon-tea-recipe

The post Ginger lemon tea (Steep tea) appeared first on Raks Kitchen.



from Raks Kitchen https://ift.tt/3d4PCCj
via KITCHEN MASALA

No comments:

Post a Comment