Thursday, August 8, 2019

Dhaniya poondu podi recipe, coriander garlic podi for idli

dhaniya-poondu-podi Dhaniya poondu podi, coriander seeds garlic podi for idli, a quick side dish for idli prepared as small batches.

I have seen a greyish podi with more of pepper, jeera flavour and very mild dhaniya flavour idli podi which room mate used to bring. She used to love my mom’s idli podi. My sis in law in Sg once told she grinds a quick batch with coriander and pepper which she learnt from her in-laws who make it that way for years. So I thought of checking with her and trying it out.

I now a days not making idli podi that often as it is my weakness. Would eat countless hot idlis with ulutham paruppu milagai podi (idli podi). I checked with my Sis in law about the dhaniya podi she makes over phone. To my surprise it had garlic and sounded very easy. I tried immediately and it was really a very flavourful podi.

dhaniya-poondu-podi-recipe

Aj doesn’t even consider podi varieties. Vj is not fond of podi varieties too for idli dosa, if he eats, he will mix with sugar and curd 🤐 I love to have my podi with curd, but never understood the mixing of sugar in the same. He gave thumbs up for the recipe, so it must be a super hit. I think this will go well with mudakathan dosai, vendhaya dosai too.

Dhaniya poondu podi

Dhaniya poondu podi, coriander seeds garlic podi for idli, a quick side dish for idli prepared as small batches.

  • 10 red chilli
  • 7 garlic cloves
  • 3 tbsp coriander seeds (dhaniya)
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp oil
  • Salt
  1. In a kadai/ pan, roast red chilli, dhaniya and black pepper in a tsp of oil until the dhaniya turns fragrant, crisp and golden.
  2. Cool down and grind it with garlic and salt to coarse powder. You can first powder everything together and lastly add garlic and run coarsely too.
  • This is so similar to my dhaniya podi I grind for rice, just that the ratio is totally different.
  • Eat with loads of sesame oil, like eating with a flavored oil 😉
  • I added garlic as such with skin. You can peel the skin and add too, but the texture will be more moist. 

Dhaniya poondu podi method:

  1. In a pan/ kadai, roast red chilli, dhaniya and black pepper in a tsp of oil until the dhaniya turns fragrant, crisp and golden.step-1-roast
  2. Cool down and grind it with garlic and salt to coarse powder. You can first powder everything together and lastly add garlic and run coarsely too.step-2-grind

Enjoy with hot soft idli. Mix with loads of sesame oil. Keeps good for 2 weeks in fridge.

coriander-garlic-podi

The post Dhaniya poondu podi recipe, coriander garlic podi for idli appeared first on Raks Kitchen.



from Raks Kitchen https://ift.tt/2Tjvxym
via KITCHEN MASALA

No comments:

Post a Comment