Thursday, December 17, 2020

Masala popcorn, with noodles masala

masala-popcorn-recipe

Masala popcorn with noodles masala mix. Jazz up the plain homemade popcorn with noodles masala powder. Just takes 10 mins to prepare.

Since the weather is cold, rainy and gloomy, it is unavoidable to crave for snack. So Aj and myself planned to make popcorn one day when we both are craving for snack, post lunch. Subsequently, it happened today. And we already decided it is going to be masala popcorn, that too with my homemade noodles masala mix. If you are okay with the instant store bought masala mix, you can use it. Otherwise, you can sure make it home using my homemade version.

easy noodles masala recipe, Homemade noodles masala

4 from 1 vote
Quick and easy noodles masala recipe with a shortcut easy version. Homemade noodles masala using sambar powder. Can be used in other dishes too.
0 mins
homemade-noodles-masala
masala-popcorn

Same day I made popcorn 3 times. First time I made too less, so kept it as a plain salted one. Second time I was not happy with the result I got. I had few corn kernels without popping in the bottom. Usually I get only one or two, so I thought I will try for one last time. I doubted my vessel too, as last time I used my stainless steel cooking pot, this time it was my new Le Creuset. Finally I made in my stainless steel cooking pot itself and got it right.

If you’re a video person

Check out my quick You tube video on this recipe.

This time also I could have made one step differently. But thought I would stop. Instead of adding the masala powder to the hot vessel itself, transfer to another bowl and then sprinkle the masala powder. This way, we can prevent the burnt masala powder that reaches bottom. Nevertheless, it was only a little, so I thought I will go ahead and Will include the point in post.

RELATED POSTS

masala-popcorn-recipe
Print Pin
0 from 0 votes

Masala popcorn

Masala popcorn with noodles masala mix. Jazz up the plain homemade popcorn with noodles masala powder. Just takes 10 mins to prepare.
Cup measurements

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup corn kernels
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil virgin
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp noodles masala or use 1/& 1/2 to 2 sachets of instant noodles masala

Instructions

  • Heat a large pot with coconut oil. When hot, add the corn kernels.
  • Give it a stir to coat all the kernels. Close with lid leaving some space for steam to escape.
  • It will start popping. Once the popping reduces, shake one more time for letting rest of the kernels to pop, if any.
  • Switch off the flame. Once done, open and carefully stir with a ladle.
  • Transfer to another large bowl immediately. Add noodles masala in sprinkled way.
  • Sprinkle salt and toss well.

Video

Notes

To avoid burnt kernels, switch off flame once the popping reduces.
Do not heat oil and kernels together.
If the quality of the kernels are not good, it may not be popping well.
When hot, it may seem to be slightly soft, but as cools down, it turns crisp.

Masala popcorn stepwise pictures:

  1. Heat a large pot with coconut oil. When hot, add the corn kernels.
    step1
  2. Give it a stir to coat all the kernels. Close with lid leaving some space for steam to escape. It will start popping. Once the popping reduces, shake one more time for letting rest of the kernels to pop, if any.
    step2
  3. Switch off the flame. Once done, open and carefully stir with a ladle. Transfer to another large bowl immediately. Add noodles masala in sprinkled way. Sprinkle salt and toss well.
    step3
  4. Enjoy it within an hour.
    ready

Notes

  • To avoid burnt kernels, switch off flame once the popping reduces.
  • Do not heat oil and kernels together.
  • If the quality of the kernels are not good, it may not be popping well.
  • When hot, it may seem to be slightly soft, but as cools down, it turns crisp.

Enjoy within an hour for best taste.

masala-popcorn-homemade

The post Masala popcorn, with noodles masala appeared first on Raks Kitchen.



from Raks Kitchen https://ift.tt/3r5arnK
via KITCHEN MASALA

No comments:

Post a Comment