Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Onam Sadhya | Onam Sadya Recipes

Onam Sadhya Recipes – a collection of 25 dishes as a part of Onam Sadhya I prepared. Sadhya is not only prepared for Onam but its prepared for small parties, gettogethers, occasions and festivals. There are many dishes that you can prepare for Onam Sadya and here is a compilation of the full preparation of Kerala Sadhya Recipes with step by step pictures and video.

kerala sadya recipes

Onam Sadhya Recipes Lunch Menu full preparation with stepwise pictures and video. Do check out the recipes and enjoy cooking.

Onam Sadhya Recipes

Making Onam Sadhya Recipes was my long time dream and I am happy that I could make it atleast this year.Each year I would stare at all the Onam Sadhya pictures posted in FB,blogs but each year I could post only individual onam sadya recipes.

This year I was so determined to make the full sadhya lunch menu. I slowly gained confidence after my friend Keerthi motivated me.When I said that I am planning to make the onam sadhya this year, she called me and gave me tips which was very useful.I never ever thought I could manage to cook such a wide spread of Kerala Cuisine all alone.Thanks to blogging which gives me confidence and shows the better side of me in cooking.Now guess who enjoyed this?! Its hubby who enjoyed each and every dish and said make it a habit for making such a spread for every Onam….grrrr. I am not a meals person so just had rice with my most favorites alone and gulped all the payasams. I have shared my experience to prepare Onam Sadya here , hope you find it useful.

First make a choice of dishes you are planning for Kerala Onam Sadhya , then make a tobuy list don’t forget to include everything including cashews, raisins and banana leaf.

Kerala Onam Sadhya Lunch Menu 1

Kerala Onam Sadhya Lunch Menu 2

onam sadya recipes

Onam Sadhya Recipes

View more Onam Recipes

kerala sadya recipes Choru - Rice

If you have any more questions about this Onam Sadhya Recipes do mail me at sharmispassions@gmail.com. In addition, follow me on InstagramFacebookPinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .

Tried this Onam Sadhya Recipes? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.

Print

Onam Sadhya | Onam Sadya Recipes

Onam Sadhya Recipes – a collection of 25 dishes as a part of Onam Sadhya I prepared. Sadya is not only prepared for Onam but its prepared for small parties, gettogethers, occasions and festivals. There are many dishes that you can prepare for Onam Sadhya and here is a compilation of the full preparation of Onam Sadhya Recipes with step by step pictures and video.
Course Main Course
Cuisine Indian
Prep Time 3 hours
Cook Time 3 hours
Total Time 6 hours
Servings 4
Calories
Author Sharmilee J

Video

Onam Sadhya Recipes

kerala sadya recipesSambar Rasam Sides

I didn’t want to take any shortcuts so made everything from scratch, only the ada I got readymade sighhh.It took me 3 days in total including planning for the menu, buying groceries,vegetables and cooking the sadhya.Though this is not the authentic way , I am giving tips which made my job easier.If you have some help and experience then you can cook the sadhya on that day itself

kerala sadya recipes Pre-Preparations
  • Day 1 – Planning the menu, Shopping for groceries and vegetables required.
  • Day 2 – I made upperi,nendran banana chips, pickle and inji puli in the morning.Soaked the pulses early morning.Later evening grated coconut, boiled and kept the vegetables ready.As you can see I boiled the vegetables, cooled it completely then stored in dabbas and named them so that I don’t forget the combinations.Except for ashgourd and pumpkin, I cooked all the vegetables including pulses.
  • Day 3 – Cooked the sadya menu and clicked.
kerala sadya recipes Veggie Sides1

Day 1 : If you can you can go in person to get the ingredients else send someone with a proper detailed list as I did.


Day 2 :

  • Early morning I soaked the pulses then finished the chips and pickles.
  • Took a quick nap then started around 7 PM in the evening with the preparations which included grating coconut,cutting and boiling vegetables(you can club vegetables which take same time to cook),extract coconut milk,cook the pulses etc.
  • Use pressure cooker compartments if you have it.
  • Set aside to cool them completely then store in clean containers, label them and refrigerate it.
kerala sadya recipesVeggie Sides2

Day 3

  • First take bath, chose to have a simple but filling breakfast which will keep you energised till you finish cooking the sadhya.
  • The first thing I did was to grind coconut green chillies and cumin together in bulk as most dishes had the same base.
  • I started with Parippu Curry,Sambar,Rasam and Moru Curry.Then came to the veggie sidedishes, as most of my veggies were cooked my work got easier.
  • While the veggies were cooking, I kept the rice as my friend warned me as matta rice takes longer to cook.By now you would have got an hold and everything will fall in place.Initially it will look like its picking up slow but when you come to the veggies part, it will get over soon.
  • Finally came to the payasam part. At the time of serving fried the papads.
kerala sadya recipes Chips Pickle Salt

And it took me around 30mins to serve the sadhya in the banana leaf, cross check whether I have missed out anything then start with the photoshoot 🙂

kerala sadya recipes Payasam, Mor

I just cooked for 2 which was sufficient for 4 of us to have a complete lunch and also had little leftover which I kept for the next day too.Remember the spread is wide, so plan for a smaller quantity while cooking.

kerala sadya recipes Papadam

Happy Onam!!

kerala sadya recipes Onam Sadya Lunch Menu

The post Onam Sadhya | Onam Sadya Recipes appeared first on Sharmis Passions.



from Sharmis Passions https://ift.tt/meTdG7q
via KITCHEN MASALA

No comments:

Post a Comment