Thursday, January 7, 2021

Season steel cookware, How to season stainless steel cookware

Season steel cookware an easy method that you can use to season steel cookware anytime you want and make it work like nonstick.

season steel cookware

A best seasoned steel cookware works more like a nonstick cookware. Even before I had the craze in stainless steel cookware I did not own much of nonstick cookwares. I had only 2-3 which I got for review and freewares for induction stove.

These days I am so into cookwares especially stainless steel and iron cookwares. I am using both branded and nonbranded cookwares but I take time to choose my cookware.

How to choose stainless steel cookware :

I always prefer to buy cookwares in person so that I can feel, touch it before buying. These are the pointers I take into account before buying steel cookwares:

First make sure its heavy bottomed. This has two criteria :

  • Triply only at the bottom – It has a heavy base and has triply coating only at the bottom perfect for pulao, biryani etc. The only disadvantage with these cookwares is after many years of usage the triply bottom may come out. Though this has not happened to me so far, I have heard my friends say so.
  • Triply throughout the cookware – These are triply fully means even the sides. Though these are a bit expensive, it is worth as it can last for many many years.

How to season steel cookware:

To begin with first rinse the cookware in soap and water first. Heat it with hot water then dry it well. Keep the cookware on the stove, switch it on. Drizzle oil so that oil is on all sides of the wok. Wipe off with kitchen cloth or tissue. Wipe so that oil spreads on all sides of the wok. Heat in low flame until it starts to smoke. Just few seconds do not heat more as it might cause discolouration. So be careful while you do this step. First time alone do this seasoning twice. After that you can do this once a month or when you feel the cookware sticks.

Brands to choose :

These are my favorite brands of cookwares  and they are not in order of my preference:

  1. Bergner – This is one of the popular brands and I have a fry pan which mittu gifted me for my birthday. Its been 2 years and it works so good. Though expensive it is sure worth the cost.
  2. Meyer – Again another popular brand of cookware and I have few cookwares in this brand. These cookwares are really good but some series are lighter on the sides which results in browning easily. So I would suggest to choose the one according to your needs and preference. The saute pan is my favorite and its a bit heavy to lift with one hand.
  3. Praylady – This is my recent addition to my kitchen and should say in this price range, the quality is so good. It is not so expensive unlike the other international brands so I would definitely recommend buying it.
  4. Vinod – This is my all time favorite brand of cookware. Vinod offers cookwares in all price ranges so thats the best thing about this brand. It has both expensive cookwares  and cheaper ones. It doesn’t mean the cheaper ones have low quality, they are equally good. The expensive ones have triply all over and the cheapeer ones have only the base as triply thats the main difference.
  5. Non branded – Other than the branded cookwares I still have few cookwares which I bought from local shops. And I have my favorites there too, like few kadais which I use for my daily cooking.

The above said review does not involve any sponsorship, I have written it based on my own experience.

Branded or nonbranded try to season steel cookwares before first use for best results.

Similar Posts

Some of my friends are not even aware of seasoning steel cookwares so thought to make a seperate post for it here.

season steel cookware

If you have any more questions about this season steel cookware post do mail me at sharmispassions@gmail.com
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .

Tried this ? Do let me know how you liked it.Tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.

Print

Season steel cookware

Season steel cookware an easy method that you can use to season steel cookware anytime you want and make it work like nonstick.
Cuisine Indian
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Author Sharmilee J

Instructions

  • To begin with rinse the cookware in soap and water first. then heat it with hot water then dry it well.Keep the cookware on the stove, switch it on. I used my new wok here.
  • Drizzle oil so that oil is on all sides of the wok.
  • Wipe off with kitchen cloth or tissue.
  • Wipe so that oil spreads on all sides of the wok.
  • Heat in low flame intil it starts to smoke like this. Just few seconds do not heat more as it might cause discolouration. So be careful while you do this step just switch off when it starts to smoke like this. Now you steel cookware is seasoned. First time alone do this seasoning twice. After that you can do this once a month or when you feel the cookware sticks.
  • Your steel cookware is ready to use. It works more like nonstick. Enjoy and happy cooking.

Season steel cookware video

How to season steel cookware:

1.To begin with rinse the cookware in soap and water first. then heat it with hot water then dry it well.Keep the cookware on the stove, switch it on. I used my new wok here.
prepare cookwaree

2.Drizzle oil so that oil is on all sides of the wok. You can use any cooking oil. I used groundnut oil. You can use coconut oil to season too.season steel cookware - drizzle oil

3.Wipe off with kitchen cloth or tissue. To season steel cookware this step is really important. wipe off

4.Wipe so that oil spreads on all sides of the wok.season steel cookware

5. Heat in low flame until it starts to smoke like this. Just few seconds do not heat more as it might cause discolouration. So be careful while you do this step just switch off when it starts to smoke like this. Now you steel cookware is seasoned. First time alone do this seasoning twice. After that you can do this once a month or when you feel the cookware sticks. This is how I season steel cookware. season steel cookware heat in low flame

Now your steel cookware is ready to use. It works more like nonstick. Enjoy and happy cooking.

How to season steel cookware is often asked by readers so thought to post it.

 

season steel cookware

The post Season steel cookware, How to season stainless steel cookware appeared first on Sharmis Passions.



from Sharmis Passions https://ift.tt/2L2UChl
via KITCHEN MASALA

No comments:

Post a Comment