Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Seeni paniyaram recipe, Chettinad special seeni paniyaram recipe

Seeni paniyaram recipe a delicious paniyaram you can make for Diwali

seeni paniyaram recipe

Seeni paniyaram recipe with step by step pictures and video.I had been eyeing this seeni paniyaram ever since I saw this in my chettinad cookbook and to add on my cousin had sent a pic of it few months back and I was very tempted.

As Diwali is round the corner thought to try and post it.Trust me this is the first time I am trying and it turned out so so good.Last year I made kandharappam so this year thought to try this.

We all loved it so much  that the plate was empty in few mins.I had a plan to share it with my neighbours but as kids loved it so much, thought I will reserve it for them.I am sure to make this again to share with neighbours,also mittu has already demanded to make it again that too the moment she tasted one 🙂

I always love trying traditional recipes and the chettinad cookbook my athai gifted me years back is one that I treasure in my cookbook collection.I hope and recommend you to try this and am sure you will thank me later.

Variations:

  • You can replace white sugar with cane sugar but not really of the outcome.Will update here if I try it with canesugar or jaggery.
  • If using cane sugar or jaggery use organic which is free from impurities.

seeni paniyaram recipe

If you have any more questions do mail me at sharmispassions@gmail.com
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .

beetroot kheer recipeTried this recipe? Do let me know how you liked it.Tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.

Print

Seeni paniyaram recipe

Seeni paniyaram recipe a delicious paniyaram you can make for Diwali
Course Dessert
Cuisine Indian
Prep Time 2 hours
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Author Sharmilee J

Ingredients

  • 1 cup raw rice
  • 1 heaped tbsp sago
  • 1/4 cup coconut
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 small cardamom
  • a pinch salt
  • water as needed
  • oil for frying

Instructions

  • To a mixing bowl - soak rice and sago together for 2-3 hrs.
  • Then rinse it well, drain water completely.Add 1/4 cup water grind it slightly coarse.
  • now add coconut,sugar, cardamom and grind until smooth.After adding sugar the mixture turns runny so do not add more water.
  • Transfer batter to a mixing bowl add required salt, mix it well.It should be od dosa batter consistency.
  • Heat oil in a kadai - Use a deep curved laddle, take a laddle full and add to hot oil.It will slowly raise up by itself, splash oil over it.
  • Flip over and cook until golden on the edges.Repeat to finish.
  • The paniyaram is crisp at the edges and soft in the center.

Notes

  • Fill kadai with enough oil for the paniyarams to immerse fully only then it will puff up well.
  • I used my small kadai as only one paniyaram can be made at a time.
  • Do not add more water while grinding as after adding sugar it makes the mixture runny so add accordingly.
  • The main trick is to get the batter consistency right so be very careful while adding water.

How to make seeni paniyaram recipe:

  1. To a mixing bowl – soak rice and sago together for 2-3 hrs.seeni paniyaram recipe
  2. Then rinse it well, drain water completely.Add 1/4 cup water grind it slightly coarse. seeni paniyaram recipe
  3. Now add coconut,sugar, cardamom and grind until smooth.After adding sugar the mixture turns runny so do not add more water. seeni paniyaram recipe
  4. Transfer batter to a mixing bowl add required salt, mix it well.It should be od dosa batter consistency. seeni paniyaram recipe
  5. Heat oil in a kadai – Use a deep curved laddle, take a laddle full and add to hot oil.It will slowly raise up by itself, splash oil over it. seeni paniyaram recipe
  6. Flip over and cook until golden on the edges.Repeat to finish. seeni paniyaram recipe

The paniyaram is crisp at the edges and soft in the center.

seeni paniyaram recipe

My tips while making seeni paniyaram:

  • Fill kadai with enough oil for the paniyarams to immerse fully only then it will puff up well.
  • I used my small kadai as only one paniyaram can be made at a time.
  • Do not add more water while grinding as after adding sugar it makes the mixture runny so add accordingly.
  • The main trick is to get the batter consistency right so be very careful while adding water.

seeni paniyaram recipe

The post Seeni paniyaram recipe, Chettinad special seeni paniyaram recipe appeared first on Sharmis Passions.



from Sharmis Passions https://ift.tt/34TKhLr
via KITCHEN MASALA

No comments:

Post a Comment